All current Australian Department of Defence members with an active @defence.gov.au email address are eligible to register for an ADELE account. You shall also be required to read and agree to the Site Policy.
Materials provided on this website are for the sole use of students for the purposes of participating in Department of Defence coursework. Some materials are not the property of the Commonwealth of Australia, rather provided under licence with limited use rights for the purposes of the Department of Defence. These materials must not be copied, or otherwise disseminated, without the express and written permission of the owner of the copyright. This system is to be used solely for UNCLASSIFIED content only.
Please note: You will require access to your DRN email inbox to activate the account.
ADELE UNCLASSIFIED User Access Policy
- This Protocol applies to all personnel accessing ADELE.EDU.AU whether from Defence or from privately owned devices, and whether or not the individual is an employee or otherwise engaged with Defence.
Failure to comply with this Protocol may result in suspension of user access to ADELE.EDU.AU, investigation by Australian Defence Security Personnel and/or:
- In the case of Defence, ADF and civilian employees and contractors: may constitute misconduct that will be addressed in accordance with relevant Defence policies.
- In all other cases: may constitute misconduct that will reported to the relevant employer.
- Failure to comply with this Protocol may also be reported to external authorities as required by law.
- ADELE.EDU.AU is to be used in a lawful, ethical and responsible manner, and in accordance with all policies and laws applicable to the User (including, but not limited to Defence policies).
- ADELE.EDU.AU is provided for use in the academic and administrative activities of the Department of Defence. Some reasonable personal use may be allowed, but as a privilege and not as a right. If that privilege is abused, it will be treated as a breach of this Protocol.
- Account holders must take all reasonable steps to protect their ADELE account from unauthorised use.
- Use of ADELE.EDU.AU must not jeopardise the fair, secure and productive information technology environment of Defence, nor the Commonwealth’s operations, assets and data integrity. Users of ADELE must ensure they do not breach Australian law, the APS Code of Conduct, the Defence Force Discipline Act 1982 (DFDA), Defence, APS and Service values or in any way harm the reputation of Defence.
- Users are not to install or use unlicensed or malicious software or code on ADELE.EDU.AU or on any personal devices used to access ADELE.EDU.AU.
- Users are not to circumvent information technology security measures applied by Defence.
- Users are expected to report actual or suspected breaches of this Protocol or other security incidents that may be a threat to the security of ADELE.EDU.AU in a timely manner.
- ADELE.EDU.AU is strictly an UNCLASSIFIED system. All content uploaded to, hosted within, or transmitted via ADELE must be classified no higher than UNCLASSIFIED. Exceptions exist for placing FOUO/UNCLASSIFIED-DLM content into ADELE where a risk management and approval process per Defence Security Manual has been conducted and approved by at least a 1 star ranked officer.
- All users are responsible for the information they upload to, host within, or transmit via ADELE.EDU.AU.
- The ADELE system administrators will periodically scan all system content to ensure compliance with this policy.
- Defence will take all reasonable steps to protect the security of ADELE.EDU.AU, including its confidentiality, integrity and availability.
- Commander Australian Defence College (COMADC) is the risk owner for use of ADELE.EDU.AU. For IT resources that are not administered using the ADELE system, CIOG is responsible for the implementation and management of Defence IT, including its security.
- Where there is a threat to Defence or Commonwealth infrastructure or security, or if use of ADELE.EDU.AU presents a risk to Defence or the Commonwealth, COMADC may take necessary action to mitigate this risk, with or without prior notice.
Users are advised that, when accessing ADELE.EDU.AU, the following information is logged:
- the user’s machine unique Internet Protocol (IP) address;
- the date and time of the visit to the site;
- the pages accessed and documents downloaded;
- the type of website browser used.
- This information is primarily used for statistical purposes. However, this information may also be disclosed to an Australian Federal, State or Territory investigative authority to support investigations. Collection of this information may be facilitated by electronic tracking software (cookies)
- Access to ADELE is password-protected. Instructors may also password-protect courses and individual lessons. ADELE Administrator staff may access areas of ADELE in accordance with specific permission parameters assigned to them. Administrator access is also password-protected.. Users are to refrain from posting anything on ADELE.EDU.AU if they are not comfortable sharing the information with others or having it archived as a permanent record.
- Users are advised that ADELE.EDU.AU may include embedded content from non-Commonwealth sites (such as videos, audio, slideshows and maps). This content may contain cookies from the originating site.
- Users are advised that they have the opportunity to individually set browsers to refuse or delete cookies in accordance with the procedures available on the technology on which they have elected to access ADELE.EDU.AU.
PO Box 7927
CANBERRA BC ACT 2610
- All users of Adele (instructors and students) are advised that copyright laws and licence agreements apply to the ADELE learning environment.
- Unless otherwise advised, copyright in the content of ADELE.EDU.AU is the property of the Commonwealth of Australia. ADELE.EDU.AU may also include content for which copyright belongs to third-parties and which has been lawfully included on the ADELE site by agreement or specific licence.
- For academic-related, non-commercial purposes, users may view or make copies of the material contained on ADELE.EDU.AU. Content may not be systematically downloaded, retrieved or stored without specific Defence authority.
- Users are not to upload content onto ADELE.EDU.AU (written, visual or audio) without proper attribution of its source in accordance with copyright requirements. If any doubt exists as to the copyright status of material being considered for upload, users are to assume that copyright protections apply to that material.
- For more information the application of copyright to the use of information technology, see DI(G) CIS 6-1-001 Appropriate and inappropriate use of Information and Communications Technology Resources.
- Defence values the privacy of every individual's personal information and is committed to the protection of personal information.
ADELE has established a privacy regime that strives to:
- Promote an understanding and acceptance of the privacy principles and their objectives throughout the Defence community;
- Educate people within ADELE about information privacy;
- Handle any complaints received in an efficient and appropriate manner; and
- Monitor privacy compliance and keep Defence informed of updates to procedures